Saturday 16 February 2013

Left Hand Path

I'm not the biggest death metal fan in the world by any stretch of the imagination. In fact there's more death metal bands I detest than ones I like, but one I most certainly do like is Entombed. So when Earache Records announced they would be re-issuing the bands debut 1990 effort Left Hand Path I had to get involved.


To give you a little story about how I discovered Entombed we have to travel back to the early 90's. I had a friend at school at that time who was into some right shit. Benediction, Kreator, Celtic Frost, Suffocation and other such bands. Being into punk rock and hardcore mainly I found all these bands ridiculous at the time and used to make fun of him mercilessly. One day though he played Clandestine by Entombed and I actually thought it was pretty good, hell I maybe even liked it. Haha, kid used Entombed to justify his music taste to me for years after that. Was pretty funny. But yeah, ever since then I was always into Entombed and the follow up to Clandestine the awesome Wolverine Blues helped cement that. I actually seemed to see them every other month for about 2 years in the late 90's as they seemed to support loads of bands. Great live band and nice guys too.


I got the Morbid Devourment Red version of the record out of 300. Whilst the super limited out of 100 Festering Slime Green sold out in minutes I was actually in time to get the second most rare version of the record (Bitter Loss Blue) but Earache seem to want an extra £2.50 for the privilege and I kinda object to that. But I'll give points back to them because this record hasn't even had it's official release yet but Earache always get pre-orders out early if they can.



The record it's self sounds really good as do the other releases I've heard as part of Earaches' Full Dynamic Range' of Re-issues. I'm really hoping Clandestine and Wolverine Blues get similar treatment some where down the line.


Hah, handsome chaps. I'll leave you with a video of Converge playing Wolverine Blues with LG of Entombed. Epic!


3 comments:

  1. Where can I buy this?? I need it, I did a quick google search and found nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.earache.com/webstore/product_info.php/cPath/667_669_38/products_id/3531

    ReplyDelete